On June 13, I posted an article about my frustrations with growing eggplant here in Northern Virginia. I had tried several times only to be defeated by flea beetles or improper pollination. This year I tried growing them in EarthBoxes and I am pleased to say it worked. Not only do I have plenty of eggplant but my family loved my eggplant parmesan! I really like eggplant as a summer annual in the garden: structurally, the plant provides large striking leaves and dark purple fruit. Now I am inspired to grow different varieties and to try different eggplant recipes. Maybe even get a few more EarthBoxes!
- Support National Pollinator Week: Plant Trees for Pollinators
- This Week is National Pollinator Week: Learn How to Support Vital Pollinators
- Happy Father’s Day! Enjoy a Bouquet of Summer Blooming Bulbs
- Register to Learn How to Grow and Use 13 Culinary Herbs
- Native, Deer-resistant, Summer-flowering: What More Can You Want in a Shrub?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
follow me on Instagram