On June 13, I posted an article about my frustrations with growing eggplant here in Northern Virginia. I had tried several times only to be defeated by flea beetles or improper pollination. This year I tried growing them in EarthBoxes and I am pleased to say it worked. Not only do I have plenty of eggplant but my family loved my eggplant parmesan! I really like eggplant as a summer annual in the garden: structurally, the plant provides large striking leaves and dark purple fruit. Now I am inspired to grow different varieties and to try different eggplant recipes. Maybe even get a few more EarthBoxes!
- Petite Jenny’s Lavender-Rose Flowers Sway Like a Calder Mobile
- Over a Dozen Gardening Events This Weekend in the Washington DC Metro Area
- Time to Register for the Arlington/Alexandria Master Gardener Program
- Garden Bloggers Bloom Day: Bleeding Heart
- DC Water’s Bloom: Recycling Biosolids Into Soil Conditioner
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets