Pegplant is a local gardening website for the Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC metro area. Pegplant offers local gardening news, resources, and information about gardening, gardens, and plants. Pegplant is designed for people new to gardening or new to the area.
In addition to managing Pegplant, I garden in a typical suburban Northern Virginia home and work full-time in a Montgomery County, MD, office. I graduated from Virginia Tech with a horticulture degree and have been involved in horticultural communications for more than 20 years. I have written more than 70 articles for Horticulture, The American Gardener, Chesapeake Home, Early American Life, and Virginia Gardener. I developed and presented a workshop and handout entitled “Newcomer’s Guide to Gardening in the Metropolitan Area.” I also developed a hands-on workshop on plant propagation. I facilitated a garden club at my office for several years. Currently, I am a member of the Garden Writers Association and the Potomac Unit of the Herb Society of America. In addition to my own website, I write articles for the Herb Society of America’s blog and continue to write for magazines on a free-lance basis.
To celebrate the beginning of the 2018 gardening season, I launched Pegplant’s Post, an online, subscription-based newsletter. Pegplant’s Post focuses on gardening in the Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC area. Every month this timely, local newsletter will be delivered directly to subscriber’s e-mail box free of charge. Subscribing to Pegplant’s Post ensures that gardeners will receive Peg’s Picks of:
- Monthly events. Plan your social life with gardening events in the NoVA, MD, DC area. Depending on the season, there can be over 100 events, many of which are free.
- New books. Stay abreast of gardening trends and practices with newly published books. Use this list for ideas of gifts to buy for birthdays and holidays.
- Tips and advice. Learn timely tips and advice relevant to the current gardening season in our area.
- Giveaways. Enter the monthly giveaway contest to win items such as seed packets, books, tools, and plants.
- Articles from pegplant.com. Catch up with articles from my website, pegplant.com, about plants, gardens, and resources.
To subscribe enter your e-mail address in the “subscribe” field on the right column of pegplant.com. Pegplant’s Post will be issued on the last weekend of the month.