During the Garden Bloggers Fling, I had the opportunity to get to know Susie Moffat who mentioned that Cathy at Rambling in the Garden posts a photo of flowers in a vase on Mondays and calls it “In a Vase on Monday.” Other bloggers chime in and post photos of their vases of flowers on Monday. Usually I cut flowers in my garden and bring them to the office but I just stick them in a vase; I don’t “arrange.” By Friday they have passed their prime so I do it all over again the next week. For today, July 10, I have black-eyed Susan, Rudbeckia hirta. They are very easy to grow in my Virginia garden and they are the state flower for Maryland where I work. #inavaseonmonday
- U.S. Botanic Garden’s Holiday Exhibit Features Iconic Roadside Attractions
- Discovering the Many Uses of Sage: Sage Butter Pats
- Forcing Paperwhites To Stand Tall with a Shot of Liquor!
- Aloe Vera: The Plant That Keeps on Giving
- Peg’s Picks: November 2017 Gardening Events in the Washington DC Metro Area
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
follow me on Instagram