During the Garden Bloggers Fling, I had the opportunity to get to know Susie Moffat who mentioned that Cathy at Rambling in the Garden posts a photo of flowers in a vase on Mondays and calls it “In a Vase on Monday.” Other bloggers chime in and post photos of their vases of flowers on Monday. Usually I cut flowers in my garden and bring them to the office but I just stick them in a vase; I don’t “arrange.” By Friday they have passed their prime so I do it all over again the next week. For today, July 10, I have black-eyed Susan, Rudbeckia hirta. They are very easy to grow in my Virginia garden and they are the state flower for Maryland where I work. #inavaseonmonday
- Discovering New Gardening Products at the Mid-Atlantic Nursery Trade Show
- Peg’s Picks: January 2018 New Gardening Books
- New Cultivars of Wintergreen for Bright Red Berries
- Seed Catalogs, Seed Catalogs, Get Your Seed Catalog!!
- Updated List of Local Garden Centers and Nurseries in Washington DC Metro Area
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
follow me on Instagram