Happy Father’s Day! In April I wrote an article about creating a container of summer blooming bulbs. Today, the container is in full glory. Earlier in the spring, most of the oxalis bloomed although you can see one lavender blossom on the left. The remaining burgundy foliage complements the color of the lilies. There is one dahlia on the right, this is actually the second one that has bloomed so far. The lilies are large and fragrant and there are several buds too. Looking forward to enjoying this all summer long.
Subscribe to Pegplant’s Post, a free monthly newsletter about gardening in the Washington DC metro area. Each issue lists at least 50 local gardening events, recently published gardening books, tips, advice and articles about gardening in this area, and a giveaway. Just enter your e-mail in the subscribe box above.
- December Pegplant’s Post Giveaway: DRAMM garden apron and compact shear
- Peg’s Picks: My Favorite Gardening Podcasts
- New Apple Variety Bred Specifically For Local Pick-Your-Own Orchards
- Grow Your Climate Victory Garden to Help Fight Climate Change
- November Giveaway for Pegplant’s Post: Garden of Paradise Gloves
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
follow me on Instagram