If you are looking for a holiday gift for the gardener in your life, look to the American Horticultural Society’s (AHS) award winning books for 2017. For more than two decades, the AHS has recognized outstanding gardening books published in North America with its annual book award program. AHS is an educational, non-profit organization dedicated to making America a nation of gardeners, a land of gardens. Books are judged by the AHS Book Award Committee on qualities such as writing style, authority, originality, accuracy, and design quality. This year’s five recipients are:
- All the Presidents’ Gardens by Marta McDowell (Timber Press)
- The Bee-Friendly Garden by Kate Frey and Gretchen LeBuhn (Ten Speed Press)
- Garden Revolution by Larry Weaner and Thomas Christopher* (Timber Press)
- Plant: Exploring the Botanical World by the editors at Phaidon Press
- Rock Gardening by Joseph Tychonievich (Timber Press).
Contact your local bookstore to purchase. For more information about the awards program and books that have received awards in past years, visit www.ahsgardening.org/awards.
*Thomas Christopher does not have a website at this time but he is on Facebook.