My friend Ruth Rogers Clausen, author of 50 Beautiful Deer-Resistant Plants, is a board member of the Delaware Botanic Garden. She asked if I would share the good news that Piet Oudolf, world-renowned Dutch Meadow designer, nurseryman, and author, will be in Delaware for a lecture and reception on Friday, September 8, 2017. Normally I would include this in my monthly list of gardening events but he is such a draw, especially since he does not live here, I think the tickets will go like hotcakes. Here on this side of the ocean he is best known for the High Line in New York City. Piet has been commissioned to create a two-acre meadow at Delaware Botanic Garden and will be guiding the planting of the first part of the meadow at the garden site in the beginning of September. The Delaware Botanic Garden is a new botanic garden, scheduled to open in 2019.
- Support National Pollinator Week: Plant Trees for Pollinators
- This Week is National Pollinator Week: Learn How to Support Vital Pollinators
- Happy Father’s Day! Enjoy a Bouquet of Summer Blooming Bulbs
- Register to Learn How to Grow and Use 13 Culinary Herbs
- Native, Deer-resistant, Summer-flowering: What More Can You Want in a Shrub?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
follow me on Instagram